Google Search

Google
 

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Anticipation

The part of anticipation that is cool is the excitement; the uncool part is the waiting. And right now, I'm waiting. Waiting for Monday. Waiting for my classes to start. Waiting for the chance to start putting my training into practice. Waiting for my boyfriend to return. (He just left day before yesterday for ten days, so I have plenty of time to practice that one.)

I just finished up a three day training class on investing and signed up for two more years, and I can't WAIT to put it into practice. I was up until 4:30 in the morning yesterday reading, reviewing, researching, and checking out the information we'd been learning. At the end of the class, our homework was to NOT read, review, look at, think about, any of the things we'd been learning for the rest of the weekend.

ARgh!!! Do you know how hard that is?

My parking was paid up 'til 11pm, and yesterday was a GORGEOUS day in Seattle - 86 degrees, clear blue skies, no precipitation, and a Saturday. Perfectamundo! At lunch, I sat out on the granite wall with my peanut butter, banana & granny smith apple sandwich and caught a few rays. That ought to up my vitamin D for a day or so.

The class ended early - about 4pm - and I called my brother to come into the city and do something with me. We met up at Von's (a great restaurant across from Pacific Place) - open air, good company, herb-roasted chicken for me, bbq chicken for him, and a cocktail. Perfect! Afterwards, we went to see Ironman in DLP. Love that about Pacific Place. And I didn't have to pay for parking again, because I left my car at the hotel.

By the time I got home around 10pm though, I was wiped out. I'd been up all day on less than four hours of sleep. Now - I'm restless. I want to do things, but I don't know what. My house is clean (thanks to my cleaning lady), but I could do laundry. But it's another beautiful day - not quite as warm as yesterday, but still clear. I could go ride my motorcycle. Or go out to Port Townsend to visit Laura. Or just stay home and do nothing - which is actually somewhat appealing. (Normally I hate doing nothing).

I do have to go to work at some point today, and set up my office. We moved over the weekend, and everything I use at work is in a box - including my plants. But I feel that sense of quickening, anticipation, of conflict. Work is not where I want to be. I want to sleep in, and I want to go for a walk. I want to stay home, and I want to go out. I'd like to sit around and read, and I want to go for a ride. I need to do laundry, but I'd rather take a nap. I really should wash my hair. Yet I'm here, writing instead.

I think I'll start there. How about you?

No comments: