Google Search

Google
 

Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Ten Thousand Dollar Day

Thursday turned out to be a super productive, extremely expensive day. There aren't many days that I can honestly say I spent ten grand, and was happy about it. Heck there aren't many days I can say that, period!

The Painters: Two days. That's all it took. They came in on Wednesday, and by Thursday afternoon they were headed out to go fishing. Gotta love motivation like that. The place looks *fabulous*!! I cannot state that often enough. While I'm quite certain I could have done it cheaper myself, the results would have reflected that. Nothing really stands up to the professional, and that's what makes them worth paying for.

The Movers: Yay!! My stuff has arrived!! I haven't spent quality time with my furniture in over a year. I was so happy to see my Chinese screen that I kissed it. Now, they weren't the fastest guys on the planet, but it worked. They picked things up in early May, and by request, waited to deliver it until early June. Took them 2 and a half hours to unload & put everything into a 10 x 10 storage unit. I am fortunate that I can take a three hour lunch, without taking too much of a hit at work. Now, if I could just get the carpet guys to come out, I'd be able to move in.

The Bike: Hot chick on a hot bike. *lol* That's what one of my co-workers said when he saw what I'd purchased. Of course, then he got nervous that he'd offended me. You know the whole work, sexual harassment, can't say Boo. I'm like - hey, it was a compliment! Can't get much better than that! Damn!

So what did I get? It's a 2006 Midnight Black Buell Blast motorcycle, with only 197 miles on it. However, unlike many sport bikes, this is not a lean-over, crotch rocket style bike. It's got the styling of one, but rider positioning is more like a cruiser. I really thought about getting the white one, but it was an '03 (with only 300 miles on it) for the same price as the '06.

I have not yet had the pleasure of riding it though. The dealer did some prep to it, and so we went to pick it up today. My friend rode it home for me, but until I have insurance on it, I'm going to hold off on putting it on the road. But I had to laugh as I'm following him back to my place......not that I'm planning to, but if I were to accidentally hit my own bike, while driving his car, would that be covered under my insurance as uninsured motorist, since the bike was uninsured, but I *am* insured for any car I drive? Sheesh - this sounds like one of those math questions "If two trains left New York..."

Slowly, but surely the pieces are falling into place. Expensive pieces, to be sure, but money well spent.

Thanks, Dad.

--BT

No comments: