Google Search

Google
 

Friday, May 18, 2007

Slough

I've always liked this word - it's magic to me. To shed or cast off the past, and start fresh. It's a fascinating form of rejuvenation. Like a snake shedding its skin, we slough off the parts of our lives that we have outgrown, slipping off the clothing that doesn't fit anymore.

I'm at that point it seems- where one cycle ends and another begins, moving back to the first home I purchased nearly a decade ago. And oddly enough, I'm back working for a new version of the company I worked for back then. But it only looks the same. I've changed, and my life has changed in a myriad of ways.

And now I start the physical renewal process called remodeling. New paint, new carpet, updating things here and there, adjusting, meddling, tampering with the little pieces of reality that form the four walls of my sanctuary. I've been in limbo for over a year.....living with my brother, my things in storage, my life on hold. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting....

I feel like I can hardly catch my breath, that I can't get enough air, now that the waiting is almost over. My stuff is en route. I have the carpet picked out. I know what I want to do, and I want it done *yesterday*. I'm ready. Ready to take action. Ready to be done with it all. Ready to start fresh.

But I can't.....I still have endings to finish, things to do, pieces of deadwood from my life to be sloughed off.

Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: