Google Search

Google
 

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Sound Of Dolphins

Have you ever heard the sound dolphins make when they are chattering? Keep that in mind.

Three of us were talking today in the cube farm. One of my co-workers was describing the insane relationship her daughter was just getting out of....one where she discovered her husband was cheating on her, and the husband of the other woman called *her* wanting to discuss it. It reminded me of a boyfriend I had years ago.

He really was a great boyfriend, at least until....well, I'm getting ahead of myself. Very comfortable to be around, sexy, passionate, intelligent. I'd known three of his ex-girlfriends, met his kids, his niece, been to his house, hung out with him at events. Called him at work all the time, spent numerous evenings together. He knew most of my friends, hung out with my roommate. Things were going quite well.

So you can imagine my surprise when I discovered ON VALENTINE'S DAY that my boyfriend of eight months was *married*.

Upon hearing this, the other co-worker, Mel, clamped her hand over her mouth, and made this 'omigodomigodomigod' kind of squeal in a cross between shock & horror! One of the guys (who hadn't been involved in the convo) IM'd me "What was that? It sounded like dolphins!"

Now we know what the dolphins are saying......and why they laugh at us. :)

--BT

1 comment:

Scout's Mama said...

Hey BT,

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the man that's lucky enough to win you over, is going to be richly blessed in oh so many ways. You're an amazingly bright, funny and beautiful woman.
xoxoxo
Maureen